LeadDev London will be returning in Summer 2023!
LeadDev London is here to help engineering leaders become more effective in their roles. We do this by helping tech leads, engineering managers, staff engineers, and other senior leaders to master four key elements of their role: Team, Tech, Process, and Personal Development.
Being a LeadDev speaker
Working with speakers is one of our favourite things about running LeadDev. We love to giving you the opportunity to share your stories and knowledge with our audience. As a speaker for the event, we'd also offer you:
- A free ticket to the conference
- A complimentary ticket to a LeadDev conference in 2024
- 3 nights accommodation at the conference hotel
- Economy travel expenses
- $500 honorarium paid post-conference
- Coverage of miscellaneous expenses
- Professional speaker coaching if requested
- Dedicated support from our team at all stages of your participation in the conference
What topics are we interested in?
LeadDev’s core focus is on four main themes: Team, Tech, Process, and Personal Development. We’ve detailed a bit about them below - but if you have an idea that doesn’t quite fit, let us know anyway! We reserve a few slots at every event for special wildcard talks!
- Team (anything related to people management, inclusive & diverse environments, hiring & retention, challenging issues etc.)
- Tech (anything related to new languages, frameworks & technologies, trends & changes, scaling, architecture etc.)
- Process (anything related to the way your team works, Agile & other delivery methods, maintaining a high-performing team etc.)
- Personal Development (anything related to improving leadership skills, maintaining your mental health, adapting to a new role etc.)
What should a speaking proposal look like?
Each event date and location has its own submission form for calls for proposals so we can make sure talks are timely, relevant and speak to each event audience effectively. We use Submittable forms to track and manage this process. You will be prompted to create an account before seeing each event proposal submission template which roughly includes your:
- talk title
- 300 word description
- how is this talk relevant to the audience?
- why do you want to speak at LeadDev?
- suitable formats (quick 10 minute talk, full 30 minute talk)
- contact details